Current UCF Students
The Math Placement Test (MPT) is required for all current students who have not earned credit for MAT 1033-Intermediate Algebra or earned “C” (2.0) or better in MAC 1105-College Algebra at UCF, or another college or university. The MPT must be taken prior to registering for UCF math courses or a student will need to begin their math sequence by enrolling in MAT 1033-Intermediate Algebra.
MPT Registration Steps
Review the MPT Test Frequently Asked Questions
It is your responsibility to review important information provided in the MPT Frequently Asked Questions prior to taking the test.
Verify you are eligible to take the MPT
Submit a Contact Form and indicate the reason as “Eligibility Status” in order to see if you are eligible to take the MPT. Please allow 1-2 business days (Monday-Friday) excluding any holidays for your eligibility to be confirmed. Do no remit payment until you have received confirmation of your eligibility to test.
Remit Payment to the University Testing Center (if needed)
All students that enrolled at UCF Fall 2010 and after will not be required to pay but will need to contact if their test is listed as “past due.”
All students that enrolled at UCF Summer 2010 and prior must pay $10.00 to take the MPT. Do not submit your payment until after your eligibility has been verified.
Complete payment online.
Please note: After completing the registration process, check your email for the test registration confirmation from RegisterBlast. At the end of the business day, you will receive the email notification with your login information and instructions from . Please retain the Math Placement email for future reference.
Request Extended Time or Academic Accommodations for the MPT
Students who believe they qualify for academic accommodations for placement tests and/or academic courses should contact Student Accessibility Services prior to starting the test to inquire about options available (email@example.com). If you are approved for placement test accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so that your test settings can be adjusted.
Take the Required Practice Test
Once you obtain your Username (NID) and MyLabsPlus password, please go to www.ucf.mylabplus.com to access the Math Placement Test. There are three (3) Math Placement practice tests: algebra, trigonometry, and precalculus. All students must start by taking the practice algebra test. Students are required to complete the practice algebra test and earn 35% or higher before proceeding to the actual algebra test. Repeated attempts are possible on the practice tests if students would like to gain more experience. Read the MPT Access Document for detailed instructions on how to access the practice test(s).
Please note: After completing the registration process, check your email for the test registration confirmation from RegisterBlast. At the end of the business day, you will receive the email notification with your login information and instructions from email@example.com. Please retain the Math Placement email for future reference.
Schedule an Appointment for Your Math Placement Test
Since you are a current UCF student, the actual Math Placement Test must be taken in a proctored environment on campus at the University Testing Center (UTC). Below are the procedures to schedule your appointment:
- Earn a 35% or higher on the practice algebra test.
- Testing is available on an appointment basis only. Complete registration online and choose from the available dates and times.Please Note: Be sure to select “UCF Math Placement Test Appointment” and provide your Knights email when registering.
Arrive on Test Day:
- Bring two (2) forms of identification (a valid government issued ID and UCF student ID). The primary identification must be valid and current, must bear your full name in English language characters, and must contain a photograph and a signature. (Acceptable documents include a driver license, passport, or state-issued identification card).Please Note: A scientific calculator (TI-30XA) will be provided by UTC. You may not bring your own calculator.
- Bring your Test Registration Confirmation sent to you by RegisterBlast.
- Check-in for your test appointment at Howard Phillips Hall, room 106.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time. Examinees arriving more than 15 minutes late may not be admitted.
- You must know your NID and MyLabsPlus password in order to access the placement tests.
Review Your Test Results
After you complete the MPT, you should get results right away sent to your email. However, please allow up to 1 – 2 business days after completing the MPT before you can register for a math course. Your MPT score is not transferable to another college/institution. The score and placement you received on the MPT is intended for academic advising and course placement while at the University of Central Florida.
|Test||Number of Questions||Length of Test|
|algebra||25 questions||1 hour 45 minutes|
|trigonometry||15 questions||1 hour 15 minutes|
|precalculus||15 questions||1 hour 15 minutes|